Monday, November 12, 2012

A pet peeve..

Hi all my little mymindonscreen readers {Is anyone actually reading?} Hope you're fab. 

Now, I think I'm quite a positive person, and people who make their lives so negative is something that I just don't understand. So when I meet people and I get the "the world revolves around me, I'm guna tell you all my first world problems" vibe, It kind of turns me off them a wee bit. 

Over the weekend, I saw someone I haven't seen in a few months and when I laughed about how rich I was going to be with my journalism career, {maybe not - but a girl can dream} this person made a interesting remark. This leads me to my "pet peeve" that is when people judge someone without any understanding of what they're doing or where they could one day go. Sometimes I think to myself, who are you to judge? What do you know about me? I could be the evening news anchor one day earning reasonable money, but you've already put me down. Why? I'm allowed to joke about myself but when someone else doesn't get the joke and add to it in all seriousness, I get a little confused. 

My boyfriend is in this situation way to often! He wants to play golf professionally one day and often when he tells people this, they laugh as if to say you wish boy. I hadn't really been in a situation where someone had laughed about what I'm studying so it did kind of knock me down a little bit. Annnnyway, main point of this blog {/small rant} is that even if people do laugh or comment on what you're doing, this should definitely not knock you down. Take it from Keri Hilson - "Keep rockin' and keep knockin!"

Take it as a "yo b!#*h you wait and see what I'll be doing in 10 years time, then I'll laugh at you." Brutal. Sorry. There's a lot of haters in this world but you just keep cranking it glen coco. 

Love to you all! Til next time oxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment