Friday, May 4, 2012

Saving the environment..

I'm doing an assignment on sustainability and it has seriously got me thinking about what I can personally do to make our world a little bit better. Whether or not you believe in global warming and everything that comes with it, i'm finally understanding that it's our job to do simple things like recycling now, so that we're not a chaotic environment in 50 years time. First step in my mission to helping out the environment is to catch public transport. I only ever caught buses when I was at school and since then, my little car has been the way to go. But since moving into town and moving into a flat, I'm all about saving money and not having to drive places. Parking at tech costs max $5 a day, but with petrol on top of that, everything starts to add up. Sometimes, the car will have to be used but today I decided the opposite. I only come to tech for three hours in the afternoon today so thought I'd give the bus a try. 


So step number 1 in my eco-friendly change: Ride the bus. I will describe the exciting bus trip in my next post, and hopefully by then I would have taken the bus home aswell. Be green xx

No comments:

Post a Comment