Friday, January 25, 2013

Second hand store bargains

I'm back in the country and had an amazing few days in Sydney which you'll hear about in the next week or so. In the mean time I have some new bits and pieces in my bedroom. My favourite find has been an antique chair that I found in a second hand store in Te Aroha. My mum and I have always had a love of second hand shopping, and when I find old furniture to do up, I get so excited. 

Left: The chair they day I bought it. A bit old and nackered. Right: The chair after being rebuilt and recovered with a gorgeous duck egg blue. 

So I found this gorgeous old chair for a bargain of only $2 {in quite a terrible state, but it had character that needed a bit of help to come through.} The same day I found some fabric in my favourite colour and took it to the upholstery shop to get recovered and pretty much rebuilt. A month later I finally got it back, and although it may have cost a little bit more than $2 to get done, I'm so stoked with it as I see it as a chair that will move with me wherever I may be. 

Hooray for second hand shops, $2 vintage/antique finds and the very talented people who have the ability to bring something like this back to life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment