Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Kiwi Christmas


I don't know if you're feeling the same way, but I don't think it feels like Christmas is literally one week away. One week?! Usually I'm so excited at this point and have wrapped up everyones presents and am now onto wrapping up everyone else's for them.. But this year, not so much. 

I am really unsure of why I feel like this, but nevertheless, Christmas is only seven days away and then before you know it, we'll be in 2013 starting a whole new year! 

A New Zealand Christmas is less about sleigh bells and snow, and more about sun, sand and barbecues in the backyard. Some may go to Church and others will be opening presents and eating all day long. For me, Christmas is just about spending time with friends and family, enjoying a pressie or two and relaxing! 


For those of you not from New Zealand, above is what we call the "New Zealand Christmas tree." It's a Pohutukawa Tree. But don't worry, we don't put a branch of Pohutukawa in our lounge, we're still the same as the rest of the world with out Christmas Tree and find a cute green one that smells delish. 

Wherever you are in the world and whatever you are doing, Merry Christmas. I hope you have a fantastic day. Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tree. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and prosperous 2013.

    ReplyDelete