Monday, October 15, 2012

When you're having a freak out, blog.



I'm sitting here at the Wintec radio station having a wee mini, maybe larger freak out. My theory is when all else fails, blog. So at the moment I'm not failing, but In an hour I'm going to be a wee bit out of my comfort zone, which although I should - I don't often get out of. I'm doing a broadcasting class this semester, and to pass, we have to do four two hour shows on our student radio station. 

We've had to prepare all our own content, {mine includes the NZ music awards/words that have been added to the dictionary like amazeballs, the amazeballs bars I go to, and all this cutting for rhythm and vines stuff.} I have no one else to help me with the dock {is that what you call it?} and I'm just hoping I don't stuff it up. As long as I can hit the play button when I do stuff up and the music will keep playing, then this will be fine. 

Although it's not a huge radio station and there's not tooooo many listeners, this is still something I've never done before. I've never been on the radio on my own {apart from the time The Edge rang me 'cos I couldn't get tickets to Katy Perry! Does this count?} but on Chantelle Ellems blog today {that photo is hers} she wrote about public speaking and getting out of your comfort zone. 

So here goes. This best be fun. Love x


No comments:

Post a Comment