Friday, October 12, 2012

Back to the gym!

I've been a bit slack recently and although I've got a gym membership, (which I pay $18 a week for!!) I wasn't really using it to my advantage. Gym memberships can be, and are an expensive thing to get yourself into, but I've finally realised that you just need to get up and go! I joined Les Mills in May 2011 since that's where my boyfriend goes, and I thought I'd tag along with him. This worked for a while but guys do different things to us girls (they're all into weights when I just want to lose weight.) I would basically pay $18 a week to go and run on a tredmill. Everyone told me this was ridiculous and a few months ago I was going to cancel my membership. Not sure why I didn't, but now I'm glad. 

Les Mills have the most amazing fitness classes, and everyone was telling me to try them out so I bit the bullet and went to a Body Attack class on Wednesday night. I planned on going with a friend so I wouldn't feel so intimidated, but when this didn't work out, I ventured in there on my own. 


Body Attack is "A high-energy, calorie-consuming athletic workout that will push you past the limit with strong, simple moves and pumping music.'' Check out this video of it. 




My goodness, It was hard - yet so much fun! After 20 minutes I thought to myself, "this is so hard, you are dying, maybe you should leave." The moves are quite complicated to understand (and I'm so un-coordinated) but I stood behind a girl that definitely knew what she was doing which was helpful! I've never sweated so much but man it felt good. The atmosphere is exciting, and everyones there for the same reason. Hopefully once I've been to a few classes and learnt the right moves, I'll b able to push myself a bit more. 

If you have a gym membership that you aren't using, maybe set some goals and use it? Or think twice and cancel it if you can. The floor staff at the gym tell me that if I do cardio in the gym, a few weights, and attend the classes they have available, I'll see results.


Our New Zealand summer is just around the corner and we all want that bikini bod don't we? Will keep you updated with any other classes I head along to. Good luck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment